Last night I tried this interesting looking chicken recipe I came across on Buzzfeed.com for Chicken with Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce. 2 things made this recipe appealing 1) it’s a one pot recipe (less dishes wooooot woooot!) 2) it calls for ingredients I can find in any supermarket (I’m really big on convenience when food shopping) 3) the chicken skin looked crispy and not soggy (I cannot stand soggy chicken skin *YUK*. Oh wait did I say 2 things!
Anyway the ingredients required are as follows:
*(6) chicken thighs with skin
*3 tbsp butter
*4 garlic cloves
*1/4 cup fresh basil
*1 tsp dried thyme
*1 tsp dried oregano
*1/2 cup heavy cream
*1 cup chicken broth
Confession: using just salt & pepper to season chicken sounds like crazy talk to me, just doesn’t make any sense. So I deviated from the plan where that part is concerned but besides that I stuck to the program. And unlike any other recipe I’ve tried for the first time, it turned out looking exactly like the demonstration!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt 2 tbsps of butter in pan. Place chicken skin down.
3. Brown on both sides.
4. Set chicken aside and remove butter and excess fat from the pan
5. Add to pan 1 tbsp of butt, 4 sliced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1 cup chicken broth, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 cup fresh basil and sundried tomatoes and stir.
6. Add chicken back to pan and baste chicken with sauce.
7. Put in oven for 25 minutes.
This recipe was convenient and DELICIOUS! Mr. Grumps is still talking about it today. I give this recipe 5 stars or thumbs up or whatever you give f*cking deliciousness!
Credits to Buzzfeed.com for the recipe!