I love the part in movies when someone has “the montage” of their most fun/happy/sad/silly/heartbreaking/profound memories, I’m just a plain ole sucker for it. When I learned that I was going to be a mommy I vowed that we would make lots and lots of memories. Hopefully the bulk of them would be fun and silly because I’m kind of fun and silly and filled with love. Sometimes I’m guilty of going through the motions…work, home, bed, repeat and I have to give myself a bitchslap like they do in the movies which is usually followed by someone telling someone to “snap out of it”. I love dancing (mostly randomly in public) I LOVE music (also singing randomly outloud in public), I also love snapping my fingers (which literally irritates Mr. Grumps’ soul) so a couple nights ago in the midst of getting ready for bed we had an impromptu dance party. In addition to making some fun memories (“I love dancing with you mommy”) I learned some pretty cool/scary things about my kid and about myself:
- Cakes’ hip moving game is way strong: What is it with these kids and their hip actions. She was shaking it to the left, shaking it to the right.
- I’m outta shape: Never oh never did I think I’d see the day when I let a 4 year old out dance me (shit I’ve been known to cut a rug or 2 in my day) but the amount of asthma like breathing I had to partake in was a wake up call that I need to step my game up.
- Should I be concerned that when singing “I Knew You Were Trouble” by Taylor Swift she closes her eyes and puts her hand over her heart as if it she knows what’s she singing, singing it from her heart and she means that shit?????
- She’s serious about her music selection: I let her “DJ” and although they are songs I picked to have in my phone which means I like(d) the song at one point or another , the songs she picked to play and the point at which she transitioned from one song to the next had me giving her the side eye like this kid is kinda sorta pretty good at this.
- She just may have my love and appreciation of music.
- I love dancing with Cakes!
So yeah, she went to bed a lot later than she normally does and she was way more tired once she made it to bed but the amount of fun we had, the happiness that our impromptu dance party brought on and the bunch of funny videos Mr.Grumps took were well worth it.
Sometimes it’s the littlest things that mean the world!