I’m not even kidding when I tell you this is my first complete and total epic fail. Not because it wasn’t tasty or it looked a mess but because this recipe was so freaking annoying you have no idea. I’m so annoyed that I can’t even go through the steps with you I am completely done with this recipe. Seriously!
Okay so here is the tasty version of the recipe:
And here are the reasons why I hate (I’m aware that hate is a strong word and if I could find a stronger word to express the extent of dislike I feel for these damn lasagna poppers I’d insert it here gotdamnit).
- It took me close to 3 damn hours to make this mess.
- You basically have to freeze them after every single step which I’m sure ain’t nobody got time for.
- Between the meat, sauce, cheese mixture falling out of the lasagna noodles, the flour, egg wash, bread crumbs, egg wash, bread crumb again and the freezing process my kitchen and hands were messy as heck which offset my OCD and literally gave me a mild anxiety attack.
- I was looking forward to them tasting like bite sized version of my lasagna (which I make a mean pan of) but it just tasted like super breaded and fried noodles. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy a good fried noodle but not when I’m expecting yummy, tasty, gooey lasagna.
- Mr. Grumps agrees these damn things aren’t worth all the fuss it took to make them.
- And last but not least the reason why I hate this recipe is because after all the mess, trouble and time it took to make these things….Cakes loved them and has asked me to make them AT LEAST four times. Ugh!
On a scale of 1-5 I give this recipe a “don’t do it Miss Celie”. Here is what mine looked like, I warn don’t be fooled by presentation these things are the devil.