While putting together a list of things needed you know #1 was COCKTAILS and lots of em. Judge if you must but cocktails or wine of some form is needed when dealing with these 4 particular wise beyond their years, personality for days and days and days, snappy comeback, keep you on your toes 4 & 5 year olds. Just saying.
My sissy Kay put me on to this app/site called Yummly that has breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers and drinks recipes galore. So I took to Yummly to get my drink menu together and find some fun recipes to try. My thought was to have 1 shot and 1 drink on deck. But these Jell-O shots were hands down the showstopper.
The recipe calls for:
- Whipped Cream flavored Vodka
- Pack of Jell-O (I used orange and strawberry)
- Whipped Cream
- Rainbow Sprinkles
how simple is that!
- Place 1 cup of milk in a glass bowl (emphasis on glass bowl)
- Heat 1 cup of Whipped Cream flavored Vodka until it boils
- Once the Vodka begins boiling whisk Jell-O into the Vodka until it dissolves
- Then slowly pour and whisk simultaneously the Vodka/Jell-O mix into the glass bowl containing the milk
- After the mix gets a nice and creamy consistency pour into the silicone mold (or little plastic shot cups).
- Place in refrigerator and let set.
- Once set add some whip cream and sprinkles
***for one batch we used whipped cream flavored Vodka AND Hennessy to make it a little stronger and boy did it not disappoint***
This recipe is def a must have at any party or just to have in your fridge for those “just one of those days” days.
What do you think of this shot recipe? Would you/have you tried?
recipe credit to Yummly.com